The Makers Faire
The Makers Faire comes to The Tennessee Soybean Festival on Monday, September 4, 2017, and will be featured in Downtown Martin in the Festival Park area. The Makers Faire is a unique market that combines art, craft, and science into one exciting and educational experience. The Festival is currently looking for artisans to fill our booths and to provide a rich and memorable experience for our patrons.
Invent a new technology or build robots for fun?
Paint, draw or sculpt?
Sew or quilt?
Make soap or bath and body products?
If so, then this Faire is for you!
The booth fee for the Makers Faire is $15, and is nonrefundable. Proceeds will assist in starting and developing a very exciting non-profit in Martin called, The Artists’ Guild of Martin. The Guild’s mission will be to bring art and music to the community along with providing educational opportunities for citizens. Membership to the Guild will be open to the public with a special invitation extended to the region’s artisans. There is a wealth of creative talent in Northwest Tennessee and the Guild will work to provide opportunities and venues to showcase these talents.
Please be mindful that the Makers Faire is a family event that seeks to support the local makers. We respectfully ask that the following guidelines be followed in regards to the work that you bring to the Faire.
- Please no nudity. We are not seeking to hinder your creativity, however, The Tennessee Soybean is a family based event and we are mindful of the growth and development of the children who come to the festival. Our goal is to keep both the artists and the patrons happy.
- Please make sure that all items you are selling are handmade by you! At our Faire, we are not seeking inexpensive imports that are not made by hand. The intent of the Faire is to celebrate and to sell what is handmade in our communities not other countries.
- At the Faire, we respect all cultures, races, ethnicities and religions. We humbly ask you do the same.
- The Faire staff will ask you to remove any and all artwork which conflicts with the above-mentioned guidelines. You will not be asked to leave the Faire just to remove the artwork in question.
Booths will be approximately 15’ x 15’. If more than one booth is needed, there will be an additional $15 charge per space. All booth fees are non-refundable. Electricity is available on the first come, first serve basis. Artisans are to supply their own tents, tables, chairs and any other items needed to display and demonstrate. Tents cannot be anchored by using stakes. All tents must be stabilized/anchored by using sand bags and/or weights deemed safe and appropriate.
Set up for the Makers Faire will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, September 4. All participating artisans are to be fully set up by noon. The start time for the Faire will be at 12:00 p.m. (noon) and conclude at 9:00 p.m. Other activities scheduled for Monday, September 4, at the Tennessee Soybean Festival include the following:
- The Sidewalk Chalk Art Competition beginning at 10:00 a.m. in Downtown Martin. (Participation estimate: 150 artists of all ages)
- The Farmers Market from 8:00 a.m. to noon (includes vendor sales, activities and entertainment)
- Magical Martin Day from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in Virginia Weldon Park (Attendance estimate: 2000)
- The Tennessee Soybean Festival Talent Show at 6:00 p.m. on the Main Stage in Festival Park. The Talent Show will conclude at approximately 9:00 p.m. (Attendance estimate: 600 to 800)
For more information please contact Sarah Skelton, Makers Faire Coordinator, at 609-617-1246, or by email at [email protected].