Soybean Fun Facts
- Soybeans were discovered in China over 5,000 years ago. In the early 1800’s, soybeans were carried by ships and brought to America from China. It took nearly 100 years before America farmers began to recognize the new crop’s potential.
- The Soybean is called the “Miracle Bean” because of its amazing versatility. Soybeans are used in a variety of consumer and industrial products.
- One acre of soybeans can produce 82,368 crayons.
- Soybean oil provides an environmentally friendly fuel for diesel engines.
- Soy ink is used to print newspapers and textbooks.
- Soybean is used in plastics, wood adhesives and textiles.
- Soybeans find their way into candles, cleaning products and hair-care products.